August 30th, 2018
We have been asked by a few people for our advice on visiting the Valpolicella wine region. So here it is! We stayed in Fumane which is about 20 minutes outside of Verona. We stayed at this airbnb (https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/5728660) and had a fantastic experience!
- Getting there: Train to Verona, taxi or bus to Fumane.
- Rent bikes from central Fumane. There are a ton of bike shops. This way you can ride around and see the vineyards. We rode to and from Brunelli, which wasn't too far (just 3 miles or so I think).
- For Brunelli I would actually recommend checking if you can stay there. We wanted to, but they were fully booked. This would allow you more time to relax there. We were able to just do a drop in tasting easily, but an appointment there would have been helpful.
- Allegrini: definitely book a tasting beforehand. Also, if you are going to Villa Della Torre plan to take a quick taxi there. It is too far to walk from central Fumane.
- Here is the link to book an experience at Allegrini (http://www.villadellatorre.it/en/allegrini-experience/).
- I believe we did this one (http://www.villadellatorre.it/en/allegrini-experience/guided-tour-of-the-villa-with-tasting-of-allegrini-poggio-al-tesoro-and-san-polo-wines/), but I would look into all your options especially the option to taste in the wine cellar and the option with food.
- For dinner we highly recommend: Trattoria Da Fernando, Localita' Ca' Dei Maghi, 5, 37022 Fumane VR, Italy
- It is a bit up on the hill, so be very careful if you come back down on your bike.
Leave a Reply.
Mary and Isaac Cochran
We are wine and food lovers. We are here to help you find great value wine that you love.